Thursday, April 3, 2014

4/3... Losing My Way...


                                                                                          Total Daily Calories:  1875
     Day 81 …                                                                     Days till Weigh-In:   6


I am by nature more obsessive than the average person. I’m not OCD, that’s not what I mean. What I’m talking about is an impulse to think, rethink, and basically over analyze everything. I’m always trying to build a better mousetrap so to speak. I believe it’s always possible to do things better. The old adage “if it aint broke don’t fix it” that doesn’t work for me. If mankind really lived by that principal I’d probably be driving a Model T and playing records on a Victrola. No, I’m a big fan of forward thinking.

So when I started considering weight-loss strategies, I got mesmerized by how many different types of diet programs there are. The number of Websites and blogs are in the thousands. There are countless diet pills, meal replacements, celebrity diet books, CDs, TV exercise programs, gyms, exercise equipment, clothing lines, classes and disciplines: Yoga, Pilates, Thai Chi, Kick Boxing, Cycling, and alike. The choices are endless.   

The quest to lose weight, get in shape and be healthy is relentless in America. We’ve all heard it said that “the best exercise – is the one you’ll do”… Well I think the same can be said for weight loss programs. That’s why I designed my own – because I wanted a program that I would love to do and let’s face it, no one knows me better than I do. So I started with a foundation of calorie tracking because historically this method has a high rate of success. I then incorporate some things that I really enjoy doing like research and writing (blogging) and then I added some skills that I excel at such as data analysis, strategic planning and implementation (case study & programming), etc. The end result is an effective program that seems more like a hobby than a chore. And I don’t know about you guys, but I’ll pick a hobby over a chore any day of the week and twice on Sunday!  J  
 Daily Tracker    
[42]   Thursday  4/3/14    
Time Qty Food Item Calories Sub
7:30am Breakfast      
  1 English Muffin, PB2 & Strawberry Preserves 250  
  1 Hard Boiled Egg 75  
  1 Hazelnut Crème Decaf 50  
  1 Bowl Organic Mixed Greens 0  
         
    Breakfast Calories: 375  
10a Snack      
    Hazelnut Coffee 50  
  1 McIntosh Apple 60  
    Snack Calories: 110  
1pm Lunch      
  1 Grilled Chicken Salad w/Tangerines and walnuts 625  
  1 Sparkling Water 0  
    Lunch Calories: 625 1110
2:30p Snack      
  1 Baby carrots 30  
  1 Banana 80  
    Snack Calories 110 1220
6:p Dinner      
  1.5c Crunchy Raisin Bran 285  
  3/4c Skim Plus 85  
  1 Hard Boiled Egg 75  
  1 Bowl Organic Mixed Greens 0  
7:30 AM   Dinner Calories 445 1665
  Snack      
  1 Hazelnut Crème Decaf 50  
  1oz Mixed Nuts   (about to have it) 160  
    Snack Calories 210 1875
    Total Calories Burned    
    Total: 1875
                   ***Daily Caloric Goal: 1900  
Water (1 cup per circle)    
O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O   O  O  O    12  
1 cup = 8 fluid oz = 0.24 liters    
Time    Activity   Burned  
    0  
         
                                           Total Calories Burned: 0  
*Calorie/Activity calculation:  20 or 30 Calories for every 5 minutes (depending on exertion)
     
 
Opinions shared are that of the blog author. Links and other references are posted when applicable.*