Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Personal -- State Of The Union


My original plan was to post my assessment on day 100 - but that was yesterday and I was just too busy to get it done. So in honor of day 101... here we go... 







Every 2-3 weeks I like to give myself a personal check-up. I’ll review my calorie trackers, analyze my numbers and behavior trends to see exactly where I'm at in relation to my goals and then decide if there are changes I can make to help the process along. I never like doing too much too fast - that just doesn't work for me. I'm more of a trial and error kind of gal. I like things to work and so I don't overwhelm myself by trying to do too much all at once. Over the past 3 months I’ve made some important changes to the way I eat. I've reduced sugars and fats, added vegetables to most meals and replaced unhealthy snacks with fruits. I've steadily reduced my daily calories from 3500+ to my current goal of 1700 which is a more than 50% drop. It has been a progressive push forward and overall I’m very pleased with where I'm at. 

But it’s not just the diet changes that have helped produce results. I also maintain a food journal, a blog and calorie tracker which keeps me accountable every step of the way. Daily blogging is an invaluable tool that keeps me completely focused on the weight loss process and all things healthy. It’s a form of accountability that I’m very comfortable with and so I like doing it which means that I’ll keep doing it which means continued results. It’s a domino effect.    

And so that brings me to exercise, which is the one area I haven’t concentrated a lot of effort on. But that will also change slowly as I move forward. As for today, I’m setting a new goal. Effective immediately I’m going to exercise a minimum of 25 minutes per day. I want to get my body use to doing physical activity every single day whether that’s walking, swimming or calisthenics. This change will be good for my physical and mental state and I look forward to it.

Well, that’s it for now. Next weigh-in results on May 7th – just 14 days from now.  That’ll be the next mini review.     

 




STATS 
Journey Day:101
Today's Calories: 1630
Daily Calorie Goal: 1700
Next Weigh In:  5/7/14
Days till Weigh-In:14
Starting Weight:351
Current Weight:336
Lost So Far:15


    Daily Calorie Tracker
  Wednesday 4/23/14   Goal:  1700 calories
  Calories
Breakfast 
1 egg scrambled, bacon & cheese on roll600
Hazelnut Crème Decaf60
Organic Mixed Greens0
                                                                                           Total:660
Hazelnut Coffee60
Fresh Carrots30
                                                                                         Total:90
Lunch 
PB2 & Jam on MG 340
Organic Mixed Greens0
                                                                                        Total:340
Snacks 
Golden Delicious Apple60
                                                                                        Total:60
Dinner 
Grilled Salmon w/almonds300
1/2c cooked quinoa110
                                                                                         Total:410
Snacks 
Hazelnut Crème Decaf60
3 Vlassic Kosher dill stacker slices10
                                                  Total:70
                                        Daily Total:1630
25 min exercise (minimum)Yes