Thursday, February 12, 2015

Body in Motion








So yesterday’s weigh-in was exciting – I love hearing about weight loss, especially coming off a 4lb gain. But the holidays are over, and I have successfully transitioned back to normal life again. I am really looking forward to the months ahead because there are lots of good things on the horizon. As for the healthy evolution, this month I’m focusing on portion control, smoothie fasts and exercise/movement.
Starting today you will see a new addition to the tracker – next to the daily average calories you will see daily average steps walked. This will be a motivator for sure. I endeavor to walk every single day – to keep my body in motion more and more. I expect, as the pounds fall off and my body starts to feel stronger and better that I will start engaging in more physical activity. I’m always mindful of my joints and how protective I must be due to Rheumatoid Arthritis. But there are lots of things I can do that will help strengthen joints like swimming, yoga, tai chi, stretching, light calisthenics, walking, etc. The idea is to strengthen and make flexible my body while maintaining joint health. In the months and years ahead I look forward to my diet slowly transitioning to a more plant based one as well as limiting the amount of gluten, soy and GMO’s that I ingest. As I trim down and get stronger my diet will also trim down. This is a far more exciting year than 2014 and I’m so enjoying it. But meanwhile…

 

Here’s Tracker:


STATS
Journey Day: 392
Today's Calories:  1603
Daily Calorie Goal:  1700
Next Weigh In:   3/11/2015
Days till Weigh-In: 28
Starting Weight: 351
Current Weight: 273
Lost So Far: 78


                        Calorie Tracker  Calories
THURSDAY  2/12/15
BREAKFAST   
1.5c Raisin Bran   275
1/2c Org. Skim Milk 68
Lg. Coffee w/milk  50
Organic Greens 0
                             Breakfast Calories 393
SNACK
Nutra Blast Pop 50
                           Snack Calories 50
LUNCH  
2 egg cheddar omlette, crispy  bacon and rye toast 700
0
                         Lunch Calories 700
SNACK
Snack Calories
DINNER 
2 slices rye bread w/PB & J 350
1 slice jarlsburg 60
Organic Greens 0
                                                           Dinner Calories 410
Snack
Nutra Blast Smoothie Pop 50
                           Snack Calories 50
**Miscellaneous Calories:
Exercise
Strength Training (gym / home) No
Walking - 15 min Yes
10 Min Stretching (& deep breathing) Yes
Steps Walked (2000 = 1 Mile) TBD
           Total Daily Calories: 1603
***Daily Caloric Goal:    1700 NEW
**Miscellaneous Calories: not reported on yesterday's tracker

 Total Steps for today 4467