Monday, February 17, 2014

2/17... Monday, Monday. Total Daily Calories: 2077

What a busy day. But even so, I thought about food too much. I really hate feeling hungry, even for a few minutes. I had a nutritionist once who told me that when I feel hungry I should immediately drink water, because sometimes that's all you need. She was a size 2, so I have no doubt that water was a staple in her diet. Don't get me wrong, I drink lots of water, its healthy to be properly hydrated. It keeps you regular, keeps your skin hydrated, and its even suppose to help you lose weight.... I've never experienced that benefit unfortunately. As many of you know, I also take a prescription for arthritis. One of the potential side effects, (close to the top of the list as a matter of fact) is... you guessed it, weight loss! And guess what??? I haven't had that experience either. No, at least for now my body is making me work for every success. And I count each and every one of them and I'm super proud of myself. Even if I go over my daily calorie goal, I'm still super proud of myself. This is the biggest challenge of my life, it's like pushing a boulder up the side of a mountain - and I am utterly determined to do it. I'm 50 years old and I want to be half the size I am now so that I can be healthier, do more exercise, wear nicer clothes and basically be happier. I know with all my heart that as happy as I am right now, I will be much happier 100lbs lighter and that's where I'm headed. That being said, below is my target list for today. And I will see you all here again tomorrow. Just knowing that some of you might read my blog makes me try even harder.






TARGET LIST Calories  
Monday 2/17/14    
Breakfast  6:30am    
Toasted English Muffin 110  
2tbsp PB2 45  
1tbsp Jam 50  
Bowl of Salad (no dressing) 0  
Coffee w/non dairy creamer 30  
                                  Breakfast Calories 235  
     
Snack    
1 Fig Newton Cookie 100 really???
Lg. Coffee w/non-dairy creamer 30  
Sm. Banana 90  
                                     Snack Calories 220  
     
     
Lunch    
Cosi Club Sandwich 455 I could eat this evryday
2 1-oz bags of kettle chips 300  
Bottle Water 0  
  755  
     
                                     Sub Total: 1210  
     
Snack    
Kind Bar 200  
Coffee w/non-dairy creamer 30  
Carrots 45  
                                     Snack Calories 275  
     
Dinner    
2 slices Multi Grain Bread 220  
2 slices American Cheese 140  
3 thin slices boars head boiled ham 100  
Bowl of Baby Romaine (no dressing) 0  
1 serving mini pretzels 150  
                                    Dinner Calories 610  
     
Snack    
Coffee w/non-dairy creamer 30  
Apple 50  
  80  
Raisin Bran and 2% milk                                          302  
20 minutes of light calisthenics -400  
Total Daily Calories2077  
     
Note: http://www.matthewscaloriecounter.com/calorie_calculators/exercise_page/exercise_37_calisthenics_home_lightmoderate_effort.aspx
tells me that 20 minutes of light/moderate calisthenics at my weight is burning 947 calories - yeah, not the exercise I'm doing - but I will take 400 
 calories off because it was a good work-out. I think 400 is a fair number.