Monday, February 24, 2014

2/24... Walk and Fast… Total Daily Calories: 1448


Today is a vacation day. The weather on Long Island is once again beautiful, thankfully. The weekend was wonderful as well. I went to Vanderbilt Museum in Centerport yesterday and did 2+ hours of walking, stair climbing (and some standing). The Spanish revival mansion is full of history and  has a the long island sound in its backyard. We saw a show in the state-of-art planetarium “STARS” narrated by Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill). I’ve been spending a lot of time lately studying astronomy – not sure where this fascination is coming from all of a sudden but I’m loving it. I notice 2014 is really starting as a year of discovery for me.

Back to exercise. I love when I get exercise from something enjoyable like walking a museum or mall or an after dinner walk through the park or on the boardwalk. I seem to do a lot more without even realizing it.

Today I’m doing a morning fast. I want to eventually build up to a full day and beyond. I'm  letting my organs rest for a few hours while cleansing with water. I've been doing semi-day fasts for many years. Being a real junk food junkie for so long I oftentimes felt so crummy that I had to stop eating for 16-24 hours just to feel good again. It feels so much better doing it to rest my organs as opposed to a fiber cleanse. I'll eat early afternoon which will be just about 16 hours without food in my system. That's perfect for now. 
Calorie tracker below.  



Calorie TrackerCalories
MONDAY 2/24/14 
Breakfast    
MORNING FAST 
Water 
                                  Breakfast Calories0
Snack 
MORNING FAST 
Water 
                                     Snack Calories0
Lunch 1pm - Break 16hr Fast  
English Muffin w/PB2 & Jam280
Salad w/no dressing0
Water 
                                  Lunch Calories                   280
  
Snack 
Sm. Coffee w/Non Dairy creamer30
PB2 & Jam on MG Bread350
Water 
                                     Snack Calories                   380
Dinner 
6oz Semolina Pasta650
1c mixed vegetables sauteed w/pam78
Water 
  
                                    Dinner Calories                   728
Snack 
Apple60
Water 
                                     Snack Calories                     60
Exercise: 
  
Total Daily Calories                1448