Sunday, February 23, 2014

2/23... Live By A Plan. Total Daily Calories: 1944


I’m much happier today – I managed to keep my calories under 2000 without feeling as though I’m starving to death! What an accomplishment.  I just reviewed my food list for the day and geeeez – does it look like 1944 calories to anyone else? I feel like I’m eating like a bird – but apparently it’s a prehistoric bird of some kind. And here’s a little secret, if I thought I wouldn’t gain weight (never mind losing) I would have eaten 3 times as much. But the sad thing is, I’ve been doing this steadily for 5+ weeks and so far I feel no “looseness” in my clothes. I hope that happens by spring…

So my plan for the blog is this – a short paragraph each day with my thoughts and feelings about food, dieting and alike. With a little humor injected to make it all bearable. And then of course my target list.  I should tell you that my daily goal is 2000 calories. Until I get to the place where I can easily hit that consistently, that will remain my goal…


Well, here’s the target list for today. I’m proud of myself. I’m even thinking of joining an on-line support group. If anyone can suggest a group please let me know. Thanks.  J  

 



 

TARGET LIST
Calories
Sunday 2/16/14
 
Breakfast  8:30am
 
Toasted English Muffin
110
1.5 slices bacon
68
1 Egg (w/pam)
70
4 sm pats of butter
            146  OMG!
Coffee w/non dairy creamer
30
 
424
 
 
Snack
 
Banana
90
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lunch
 
2 slices MG Bread
220
2 Tbsp PB2
45
1 Tbsp Jam
50
Bowl of Salad
0
Coffee w/non dairy creamer
30
 
345
 
 
 
 
                         Sub Total:
859
 
 
Snack
 
Special K Protein Bar
180
Med Apple
75
Coffee w/non-dairy creamer
30
Total Snack Calories
285
 
 
Dinner
 
2 Gorton's Fish Filets
250
1.5 Red Potatoes (mashed with 1 pat of
 
butter & 1/8c 2% milk
           330 OMG!
1c Brocolli Florets
30
Total Dinner Calories
610
 
 
Snack
 
Coffee w/non-dairy creamer
30
Slice of Multi Grain Bread
110
1 Tbsp Strawberry Preserves
50
Total Snack Calories
190
 
 
Total Daily Calories
1944