Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2/19.... Selfie --- A Case Study. Total Daily Calories: 1767

As Human beings, we're all so different. Each of us has a biological eco-system that is uniquely our own. That knowledge has prompted me to design a self-case study instead of just the daily target list.
I’m confident, that by compiling and analyzing dietary behaviors and other co-factors, I will find useful patterns that will help me design a more effective weight loss program. I will chart calorie counts, macro (and micro) nutrients, liquid type and volume, meal times, etc.  I will set predetermined time frames (usu. 2 weeks) for each set of variables and then analyze results for consistencies against alternate data. I’m starting simple by looking at caloric meal totals (CMT) to learn how this impacts total daily calories (TDC). Once this phase is complete, I can start looking at other factors such as meal combinations (macronutrients) etc. The hope is, that once all this data has been digested and analyzed the information will answer some important questions, such as: 1. which calorie / meal combinations produce the best overall results, 2. Will consuming more proteins and fewer carbohydrates for a given meal impact the choice, type or even need of an after meal snack? 3. Will consuming a glass of water before a meal help reduce appetite thereby reducing CMT? 4. How do exercise routines and time / combinations impact the TDC? 5. How do outward stressors impact the TDC? 6. What TDC value provides the most significant weight loss 7. How do real-time results compare to hypothesis and study data?


Without dissecting my life too much – I want to put together a daily plan based on empirical evidence that will provide me with maximum results. After all, if I’m going to all the trouble /restriction of dieting (and believe me I do mean trouble) then I might as well get the most bang for my buck, so to speak. It’s amazing what valuable information can be gleaned from documenting simple things… As the study progresses it will help navigate its own path and of course I’ll post results / decisions along the way. It will be interesting to follow.


But, first things first – today’s target list.    
 














TARGET LIST Calories  
Wednesday 2/19/14    
Breakfast  7:00am    
1/2 Oatmeal w/ 2 tbsp PB2 45  
English Muffin 110  
2 tbsp PB2 45  
1 Tbsp Jam 50  
Bowl of Salad - no dressing 0  
Sm, coffee w/ND Creamer 30  
                                  Breakfast Calories 280  
     
Snack    
Med. Banana 105  
Sm. Coffee w/ND creamer 30  
                                     Snack Calories 135  
     
     
Lunch    
Cosi Club  455 Yumkins!
Cosi Kettle Chips - 1oz bag 150      "
Sm bag baby carrots 35 …not
                                  Lunch Calories 640  
     
                                     Sub Total: 1205  
     
Snack    
Kind Bar 180  
Sm. Coffee  w/2% milk 50  
     
                                     Snack Calories 230  
     
Dinner    
English muffin 110  
Bacon 100  
2 Eggs scrambled (pam) 120
 
1 slice of jarlsburg 67
 
Bowl of salad 0
 
     
                                    Dinner Calories 397
 
   
 
Snack    
Sm. Coffee w/ND creamer 30  
Apple 55  
                                     Snack Calories 85  
     
 Slow walking 30 minutes           <150>    
Total Daily Calories 1767  (revised)