Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/18... Work it out. Total Daily Calories: 1675


Woke up to snow again, what a surprise. Loved the ride in. School’s out for the week so very few cars on the road. What a pleasure.  Technically, I should be losing inches as a result of all the shoveling, car cleaning, drudging through snow to get to and from the car, even dressing is a chore. Layers of clothing, boots, jacket, coat, scarf, ear muffs, gloves (sometimes 2 pairs, wet and dry)… Yes, I do believe all of this extra physical work is helping the process.
But I also want to try and incorporate some daily calisthenics. I’ll try to do it before dinner tonight to see if the predictable appetite spike can be satisfied by dinner and light snack. Last night I did them after dinner and by 9pm I was so hungry that I had a bowl of cereal instead of an apple. I’ll monitor to see what works best. I can live with the spike as long as there’s a net caloric loss. But I am, after all, trying to maximize results. So learning what my body responds to best is important. In addition to my Target List Blog, this is also a well documented self-case study. Note: I've adjusted the exercise calories because I think I gave myself too much yesterday.

Also: I get weighed monthly – pretty much the same time each month. Next visit: 3/13/14.
I’ll include results in that day’s post. 







TARGET LIST Calories
 
Tuesday 2/18/14  
 
Breakfast  7:15am  
 
Kaiser Roll 200
 
2 scrambled eggs 200  
3 strips crispy bacon 150  
1 slice american cheese 110  
Lg. Coffee w.ND creamer 40  
                                  Breakfast Calories 700  
     
Snack    
Baby carrots (approx 10) 20  
Kind Bar 180  
Sm. Coffee w/ND creamer 30  
                                     Snack Calories 230  
     
     
Lunch    
2 slices MG bread 220  
2 tbsp PB2 45  
1 tbsp jam 50  
                                  Lunch Calories 315  
     
                                     Sub Total: 1245  
     
Snack    
Lg. Orange 90  
     
     
                                     Snack Calories 90  
     
Dinner    
24 celantano mini cheese raviolis 440  
1/4 c Prego Traditional sauce 35  
2 tsp Grated Parmasean Cheese 30  
1/2 c Broccoli Florets 25  
     
                                    Dinner Calories 530  
     
Snack    
Sm. Coffee w/ND creamer 30  
 Sm. Apple w/tbsp. PB2                                                            80     
     
     
25 minutes of light calisthenics <300> more realistic
Total Daily Calories1675 revised  
 Excellent Day! Need to add more veggies...