Wednesday, March 19, 2014

3/19... 3 Most Helpful Tips


                                                                                       Total Daily Calories: 
Day 66…                                                                       Days till Weigh-In:
22

So it’s Day 66 and I’m ready to give my list of ‘3’. These are the 3 most important things I’ve learned to do that have provided me with the most support and greatest overall results.  

     1.   I keep food and snacks on-hand that I can throw together quickly -staples.  Having ready-to-eat snacks and meals on hand sets me up for success.

I always keep on hand:

·         Roasted assorted nuts esp. Almonds· Bags of pre-washed /cut greens· Apples, Banana (or any fruit I love)·  Hard boiled eggs & raw· Whole-grain english muffins, flat breads· Pre-cooked grilled chicken breasts or turkey meat· Pre-Cooked Bacon· Few containers of pre-cooked brown rice· Chopped Tomatoes·Chopped Onions & Peppers· Peanut Butter and Jelly·Crunchy raisin bran cereal· Baby Carrots

Within minutes, I can toss together a healthy meal or snack which is great peace of mind. I also try to remember to always carry something with me just in case I get hungry. If I want something indulgent, I want to plan for it..

 

2.      Protein. I’ve discovered a natural appetite suppressant – and protein is thy name…  My newest challenge is replacing carbohydrates with protein. It keeps you fuller for a longer period of time and is always lower in calories (ounce for ounce) than carbohydrates. It does take getting use to because proteins aren’t as satisfying to me as carbohydrates. But I think it will be worth the effort and patience, in the long run. I expect that when all is said and done and I’ve reached goal I’ll look back and find that proteins played a significant role in my weight loss.



3.      PB2  - anyone watching my tracker with any regularity knows that I love Peanut Butter. Unfortunately, regular jar peanut butter is high in calories and fat. But I have found an amazing alternative that has just a fraction of the calories and fat. PB2 is all natural premium grade peanuts that have been dehydrated into a powder that contains just 45 calories per 2 tablespoons with 85% less fat than regular peanut butter. You reconstitute with water and it is delicious. I make a big container full and keep it in the fridge. It’s just one of those amazing things in life. Now if only there was a Applebees Quesadilla Burger2 … that would be perfect!
And I'll even sneak in a #4 - Weight Loss Amplifier, my secret weapon. 





So that’s what I was going to post yesterday – I just needed to finish it. Tonight I’ll post the tracker – and that will conclude Day 66. J