Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3/4... P.S. I Love You.... Total Daily Calories: 1835


I have always loved snacks and junk food. My love affair with comfort food goes way, way back. Almost all of my fondest memories involve food in one way or another. A long time ago I discovered that food, in all its wonderful forms, had the amazing ability to make me happy. Just thinking about it sometimes can change my countenance. If I’m stressed out, junk food is a quick and easy remedy. It’s delicious, cheap, diverse and plentiful. Like a drug…   

My Oma (German for Grandma) use to tell me that food tastes good just for a moment, but stays with you long after. Some good information from a very wise woman who also struggled with food and weight issues her entire life. Yet it didn’t stop or slow me down from my quest to enjoy as much comfort food as I could.

Now I’m 50, and very surprised to find that I’m not 600 lbs. You might think that someone who is very overweight just doesn’t give a damn about their health, but you’d be very wrong. Fact is I always try to eat right, even while eating wrong. I always eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fiber, and fish. I have taken quality nutritional supplements for over a decade and I am not nor have I ever been in-active. As a result of all this, and in spite of being 150+ lbs overweight I don’t have high BP, cholesterol or triglycerides, high or low blood sugar, circulatory or cardiovascular issues (bike stress test results were above average), no sleeping, digestive or breathing issues, no depression, neurological or skin problems. What I do have however is flab, cellulite, and rheumatoid arthritis (R.A.) causing me serious joint problems. R.A. is a genetically inherited disease that I strongly believe was triggered by poor lifestyle choices including food and cigarette smoking (quit 15+ years ago). So while I’m thankful for all the blessings in my life, I will continue to fight ferociously against my nemesis ‘fat’ that has had control of me, my appetite and self-control for far too long. This year, 2014, is the year I take back control of my life and future. It’s time to find some new favorite things.      

 

The Tracker:    

Calorie Tracker Calories    
TUESDAY 3/4/14      
Breakfast  7:15am      
English muffin, PB2, Jam 230    
*Lg. Coffee 50    
                                  Breakfast Calories 280    
Snack      
Coffee 40    
Fig Newton (2) 200    
                                     Snack Calories 240    
       
Lunch       
*Cosi Cobb (turkey, bacon, red onion, romain, tomato, MG Flat 455    
Cosi Kettle Chips (2oz) 300    
Bottle Water 0    
                                  Lunch Calories 755    
Snacks      
Apple 50    
Coffee 40    
                                     Snack Calories 90    
       
Dinner      
*2 Hebrew Nat'l dogs 300    
2 slices arnold Multi Grain 220    
Mustard & Water 0    
       
                                    Dinner Calories 520    
       
Snack      
Coffee 50    
Kind Bar 200    
                                     Snack Calories 250    
Exercise      
75 min walking <300>    
       
       
Total Daily Calories 1835    

 IF:  6 of 16  items = positive 
     
Daily Blog URL - March  2014 DATE TDC
http://loriliny.blogspot.com/2014/03/no-pain-just-gain-total-daily-calories_27.html 1-Mar 1766
http://loriliny.blogspot.com/2014/03/mind-your-business-total-daily-calories.html 2-Mar 1894
http://loriliny.blogspot.com/2014/03/supplement-your-income-total-daily.html 3-Mar 1975
http://loriliny.blogspot.com/2014/03/ps-ich-liebe-dich-total-daily-calories.html 4-Mar 1835