Sunday, March 2, 2014

3/2... Mind Your Business… Total daily calories: 1894


http://blogs.chapman.edu/happenings/files/2013/06/mindfulness.jpgSomeone recently introduced me to the concept of “mindful eating”. The art of enjoying a meal to the fullest. I took the suggestion to heart and now I eat slower and enjoy every bite - yum. I enjoy all the colors, the aromas, the textures. I even enjoy preparing my meals. I'm using more spices and variety of ingredients. Oh, I even love putting together my menu plan and corresponding shopping list. It wasn’t too long ago that I was a completely mindless eater. I paid very little attention to calorie counts or how I was eating. I only enjoyed comfort foods and needed too much of them to keep satisfied. An example: last night I made bbq chicken wings. I checked the bottle of honey bbq sauce for the calories and it has 60 per 2 tbsp. Wow! I put 3 tbsps into a ramican and used a basting brush to coat all the wings – and then once again after 20 min of baking... they were delicious.



Rewind 60 days. The same meal – I would have poured the entire bottle of sauce into a bowl and marinated for 24 hours – then placed the saturated wings onto a baking sheet with additional basting every few minutes until all the sauce was gone. The meal I just described would have been several hundred calories in sauce alone. Totally obscene. So many empty calories... for bbq sauce... 

Well, I’m happy to report that I had a mindful day, I did some exercise too. I walked more than 60 minutes at the outlets (after seeing Liam’s new movie – a big two thumbs up). I can attest that time flies when you’re walking for fun. J

 

The Tracker:


Calorie TrackerCalories  
SUNDAY 3/2/14   
Breakfast  8:30am   
English muffin110  
*2 jones canadian bacon40  
1 egg scrambled60  
1 pat butter36  
*Romaine - no dressing0  
*Coffee50  
                                  Breakfast Calories296  
Snack   
M&M Peanuts250  
water0  
    
                                     Snack Calories250  
Lunch    
Grilled Chicken sandwich370  
Sm. Fries (Wendy's)  OMG!310  
Bottle water0  
    
                                  Lunch Calories680  
Snacks   
*Coffee50  
Apple 60  
                                     Snack Calories110  
    
Dinner   
1.5c Raisin Bran285  
3/4c Skim Plus83  
1c Rice, Beans, Ham steak, onions, peppers180  
    
                                    Dinner Calories548  
    
Snack   
*Coffee50  
Kind Bar200  
                                     Snack Calories250  
Exercise   
1 Hour Walking<240>  
    
    
Total Daily Calories1894  



 IF:  3 of 12  items = positive 
   
Daily Blog URL - March  2014DATETDC
http://loriliny.blogspot.com/2014/03/no-pain-just-gain-total-daily-calories_27.html1-Mar1766
http://loriliny.blogspot.com/2014/03/mind-your-business-total-daily-calories.html2-Mar1894