Thursday, March 20, 2014

3/20... Analyze This...


                                                                                     Total Daily Calories: 1818
Day 67…                                                                       Days till Weigh-In: 
21

I’ve been analyzing the Tracker data from the first 4 weeks (I actually cheated and started looking at them a week early). The good news is I’ve picked up on some patterns and as a result I’ve decided to try some new things:

1. Evening snacks
à reduced towards elimination
2. Morning non-fruit snack
à reduced towards elimination
3. Afternoon non-fruit snack
à reduced towards elimination
4. Protein
à slowly increasing daily intake while reducing simple Carbs
5. Dinner simple carbohydrates
à reduced towards elimination
6. Water
à increased daily consumption (over next 2 weeks will add 8oz. before meals)
7. Time-stamping meals and snacks
8. Last 60 calories of daily goal being treated as overflow

Most of these changes have started over the past couple weeks. I’m attempting to find the perfect nutritional /caloric balance that will keep my weight loss slightly below 10lbs per month (8.5 to 9lbs is the sweet spot).  I’ll be able to tweak more after the next 4 weeks of tracker data and weigh-in results. As the weather gets warmer I’ll start walking more so meal / snack planning will have to be adjusted for that – I’ll keep my eye on daily calorie counts, protein grams and upcoming weigh-ins and keep you posted.

Goal News: I’ve decided to change my final goal weight to 200lbs. The reason is because I looked back at my 1990 diary and see that my final weight was 238lbs and size 12. I was very athletic and muscular at the time - more so than I will be this time around. But as the weight drops I’ll become more active which will include building some muscle. For now, I’m gonna change it to 200lbs – I will be approaching 240lbs one year from now, so I’ll pretty much know by then if 200 is a good ultimate goal.

It may seem like I’m getting ahead of myself but trust me – 1 year will fly by in spite of my greatest efforts to ‘slow down time’. Believe me, I will be the very first person to say I told you so...J
 
 


Tracker:



 Daily Tracker    
[42] Date: Thursday  3/20/14  
Time Qty Food Calories Sub
6:30a Breakfast      
  1.5c Raisin Bran 285  
  3/4c Skim Plus 83  
  1 Organic Bowl Mixed Greens - no dressing 0  
  1 Hazelnut Crème Decaf 50  
    Breakfast Calories: 418  
11a Snack      
  1 Coffee 50  
  1 Organic Apple w/PB2 100  
    Snack Calories 150 568
12:30p Lunch    
  2 Slices MG Bread w/PB2 & Preserves 380  
  1oz Pretzels 100  
  1c Organic Baby Carrots  30  
         
    Lunch Calories: 510 1078
3:15p Snack    
  1 Coffee 50  
  1 Organic Banana 100  
         
    Snack Calories 150 1228
5:30p Dinner      
  2c Brown rice 340  
  1/4c Pink Beans washed/drained 40  
  3oz Honey Ham Steak chopped 110  
  1 Organic bowl mixed greens - no dressing 0  
  1 Hazelnut Decaf Crème 50  
    Dinner Calories 540 1768
6:30p Snack    
  1 *Hazelnut Decaf Crème 50  
    Snack Calories 50  
    Total Calories Burned <0>  
    Total: 1818  


                 ***Daily Caloric Goal: 1960  
Water (1 cup per circle)    
O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O   O  O  O    3 cups  
1 cup = 8 fluid oz = 0.24 liters    
Time    Activity   Burned  
       
  Total Calories Burned:    <0>  
*Calorie/Activity calculation:  20 or 30 Calories for every 5 minutes (depending on exertion)
     

 Opinions shared are that of the blog author. Links and other references are posted when applicable.*