Friday, June 6, 2014

Gateway to a Great Weekend

Today's weather on Long Island was unbelievable. Actually last evening the weather was as close to perfect as I can remember. Today it was just spectacular with the weekend shaping up the same. As for the journey, this month is starting off so great. My new strength training program is underway and I'm doing great. Can't believe how weak my muscles are, but thankfully that won't be for too much longer. I'm still walking daily (walking club at work starts next week and we're doing it for vitamin angels which is even more incentive). I'm doing great with the new goals as well. Today was Seafood Friday. I had shrimps for lunch and salmon & crab for dinner. I'm happy with my paleo / 2 veggie dinners. It's basically increasing my daily vegetable intake by 20%. So all is well on the journey.




Tomorrow I'm up bright and early to drive upstate to visit my family. Looking forward to a great day. In addition to lunch (salad), movie, tons of shopping, and birthday dinner (celebrating my 5/7 birthday...again). :)  I'll do lots and lots of walking. I'll definitely go off calorie goal a bit - but I don't anticipate anything extreme. I may not post tomorrow night depending on what time I get back home - it may have to wait until Sunday morning. We'll see. Meanwhile...





Here's Tracker:


STATS  
Journey Day: 146
Today's Calories:  1575
Daily Calorie Goal:  1700
Next Weigh In:   6/30/2014
Days till Weigh-In: 24
Starting Weight: 351
Current Weight: 321
Lost So Far: 30


DAILY CALORIE TRACKER
SEAFOOD FRIDAY  6/6/14   
   Calories
Breakfast  
MG English Muffin w/PB2 & J 240
Organic Mixed Greens 85



                                                  Total:
325
Hazelnut Coffee w/milk 60
Fresh sliced carrots 30
                                                  Total: 90
Lunch  
Greek salad (no feta) w/extra onions and jumbo shrimp 350
Warm pita (1 med) 125
                                                  Total: 475
Snacks  
                                                  Total: 0
Dinner    
Salmon filets broiled  300
Mushrooms stuffed w/crab (yum) 250
Stir Fry fresh spinich & shitake mushrooms 0



                                                  Total:
550
Snacks  
Hazelnut Crème Decaf 60
1/2c fresh sliced pineapple 75
                                                  Total: 135
                           Daily Calorie Goal: 1575
25 min exercise (minimum) YES