Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Countdown Has Begun









Thankfully I was less hungry today. Each day I’m noticing improvement (as it relates to coffee). So overall I’m happy.  5 more days till weigh-in.  I’m more curious this month than any of the others. Why? Because I’ve done a lot of strength training and made a lot of tracker changes. It could go either way, we’ll see in 5 days! So exciting.


I’ve been asked if it bothers me to make ‘slow’ progress…  let me answer like this… No, it certainly does not. I don’t look at today, next week or even next month per se – not in the way you might imagine. I always see the big picture (like everyone with a goal setting mindset). We don’t look at the immediate, we look at the long term – and what I see is June 2015 – and you know what I see in June 2015? I see myself 100lbs lighter than I was when I started this. That’s what I look at all the time – and you know what I do after each and every weigh-in? I add a few more pounds to the loss column taking me one step closer to the “100”


Anyone that has a big goal to reach will have greater success segmenting it into smaller goals. In this way we rack up many accomplishments along the way which is also very motivating. But anyone who knows me well knows that I never actually reach my goals. I get there – and then I extend them further. That’s the fun for me. If you think I’m kidding – then see for yourself a year or two from now. Go back to February 2014 blog postings and browse thru a bunch of them then fast forward a few months and then again and then again – it really is a ‘Healthy Evolution’. That’s why I also created the Healthy Evolution community. I’m having a ball while losing weight and getting healthy. Life is Good.


Here’s Tracker:


STATS  
Journey Day: 165
Today's Calories:  1635
Daily Calorie Goal:  1700
Next Weigh In:   6/30/2014
Days till Weigh-In: 5
Starting Weight: 351
Current Weight: 321
Lost So Far: 30


                 Calorie Tracker 
Calories
   
WEDNESDAY  6/25/14  
BREAKFAST  
1.5c Crunchy Raisin Bran 285
Organic mixed greens  0
Fresh sliced strawberries 40
                             Breakfast Calories 325
SNACKS  
McIntosh Apple 60
                           Snack Calories 60
LUNCH   
Shrimp Salad 500
Warm Pita 130
                         Lunch Calories 630
   
                                                                                                        Sub Total:  
SNACKS  
Cherries 50
                         Snack Calories 50
DINNER  
   
3oz Petite Sirloin grilled w/rub 250
Organic Mixed Greens 50
Fresh Brocoli 50
                             Dinne Calories 350
Snack   
Wasa Rye crisp breads (2) w/2 slices jarlsberg, cherries & grapes 220
                           Snack Calories 220
Exercise  
Minimum 35 Minutes of Exercise YES
   
           Total Daily Calories: 1635
***Daily Caloric Goal:    1700