Friday, July 11, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust...




I’ve been in the new apartment since last Sunday and everyday has been busy. Unpacking in my opinion is more work than packing. I should be completely out of boxes in another week or two. I’ve got the essentials done, now it’s everything else. But in the midst of all this I have eliminated yet another ‘bad’ habit… bubble gum. I am a diehard gum chewer. Trident Sugar free Bubble Gum is my fav. But over the past two weeks I have weaned myself off of it. This week I’ve had one piece per day – until today. Friday marks the first day with no gum – zero. Another Bad Habit broken on my journey to greater health. July is shaping up to be a significant month overall. I will celebrate one month without coffee. Now gum. I’ve also ramped up strength training, I’m doing something every day. Exercise overall is ramped up. I turned in my pedometer today to log in my numbers and between Monday morning and 10am this morning I have walked 7.8 miles total. My average daily calories as of today is 1728 – I think that’s fine. I’ll see at next weigh-in. I’m confident that I lost A LOT of water weight last month. I am expecting to see 7-8lbs of weight loss for July (or I should say hoping!)

I’m quickly approaching the 6 month anniversary of the journey as well. I’m excited about that. Unlike last weekend, this weekend I’m going to do some fun things. Tonight I’m going with friends to hear a band we love playing at a long island bar/restaurant. No doubt there will be some dancing involved (and probably 2 light beers, 220 calories.. I’ll update tracker tomorrow). Tomorrow I’ll be with friends to celebrate a good friend’s birthday – then Sunday…. Unpacking, cleaning, etc, etc, etc. I’ll be careful with my calorie counts over the weekend – I’m learning to temper my eating out and partying with common sense. So far so good.    

Meanwhile, here’s Tracker:
 
STATS  
Journey Day: 181
Today's Calories:  1515
Daily Calorie Goal:  1700
Next Weigh In:   7/30/2014
Days till Weigh-In: 19
Starting Weight: 351
Current Weight: 321
Lost So Far: 44
 
                        Calorie Tracker  Calories
   
FRIDAY  7/11/14  
BREAKFAST  
1.5c Crunchy Raisin Bran 285
3/4c Skim Plus 85
Organic mixed greens  0
                             Breakfast Calories 370
SNACKS  
McIntosh 60
                           Snack Calories  
LUNCH   
Brown Rice, Black Beans, Shrimps & Corn 375
Fresh Sliced Carrots 30
                         Lunch Calories 405
   
SNACKS  
Trail Mix 280
Snack Calories 280
DINNER (2 veggies)  
Tuna Casserole w/onions & peas 400
Fresh brocolli steamed 0
Organic mixed greens salad  0
                                                           Dinner Calories 400
Snack   
   
                           Snack Calories  
Exercise  
Minimum 35 Minutes of Exercise YES
   
           Total Daily Calories: 1515
***Daily Caloric Goal:    1700