Sunday, May 18, 2014

Goal, Toll & In-Control II












What a beautiful day on  Long Island. I went to an outdoor fair with some friends – walked around for 2.5 hours! That’s a lot for me. My legs are definitely getting stronger.  I’m very proud of myself. I ate a hearty breakfast at 9am. Then at 1pm (a little before we left for the fair) I had a PB2 & J sandwich with an apple. When we got to the fair of course there were dozens of food stations. The local fire dept. crew were grilling sausage and pepper heros, a local seafood  restaurant sent over a crab / shrimp truck to serve kabobs, tacos, cocktails etc. There were fresh zeppoles and funnel cakes, every kind of dessert you can imagine, the hot dogs and burgers were grilling fresh, simply put, it was a typical Long Island food festival with some arts n’ craft vendors, rides and 5 ice cream trucks thrown in for good measure!


 But guess what? I didn’t have a single thing to eat – nothing. As we were leaving I spent $1 on a bottle of cold water to support the boy scouts (and my thirst)! That’s it. I had a great time and it didn’t cost me a single calorie. And believe me, some of my friends availed themselves of the delicacies. But I just pressed forward toward my goals and finished the day with 1595!
Yay! I’m not only getting stronger physically, but mentally as well. It’s a great feeling to be in control. I’m even at the place where I can make the decision as to when I’m going to ‘over-do it’ a bit – and can pre-plan for it and my body and appetite seem to make adjustments in the days following. It’s a great feeling indeed!
 


Sunday Tracker:
STATS 
Journey Day:127
Today's Calories: 1595
Daily Calorie Goal: 1700
Next Weigh In:  6/4/14
Days till Weigh-In:16
Starting Weight:351
Current Weight:327
Lost So Far:24


DAILY CALORIE TRACKER
           SUNDAY   5/18/14   
  Calories
Breakfast 
2 egg omlett w/mushrooms, spinich, mozzerella - Wrap350
Fresh sliced Strawberries75
Organic Mixed Greens0
                                                  Total:425
Hazelnut Crème Decaf50
                                                  Total:50
Lunch 
PB2 & J on MG bread400
McIntosh60
Organic Mixed Greens0
                                                  Total:460
Snacks 
                                                  Total: 
Dinner   
Pasta w/garlic/basil marinara600
Chopped Spinich0
Organic Mixed Greens0
                                                  Total:600
Hazelnut Crème Decaf60
Vlassic Kosher Dill Pickle stackers (Yum!!)0
                                                  Total:60
                           Daily Calorie Goal:1595
25 min exercise (minimum)YES