Saturday, May 24, 2014

Shocked, Shocked I say...






What a wonderful day. The weather around the island was sunny & breezy. Typical spring. I overdid the calories today, the first day of a long holiday weekend – but I don’t feel a bit bad about that. Here’s how I spent day 1.



I was up and out by 11am heading to Patchogue for a 12 noon big screen viewing of “Casablanca”.  This is one of my all-time favorite ‘classic’ films that I’ve only ever watched on TV. It was a real treat (in honor of the 70th anniversary of the film) to see it in a theatre. It is playing all over the country in theatres so if you love the film check your local papers for an event near you. This particular theatre’s major patron is Isabella Rossellini, daughter of Ingrid Bergman, the star of Casablanca. Ms. Rossellini stopped by the theatre at the end of the movie for a scheduled Q&A. She was charming, intelligent and informative. She stayed for 45 minutes, spoke at length about her Mama and Papa, sisters and brother. It was lovely.


So, up until that point I had only consumed 760 calories, but we went to a surf & turf on the harbor (they had an old time river boat attached to the restaurant providing outdoor seating). So all totaled I ended today with 2600 calories.  Not horrible all things considered. Afterwards we went walking (shopping). Stretched my legs which I needed after sitting in the theatre so long my butt hurt. Now I’m home having some Organic Mixed greens and coffee.


I have a Memorial Day party to go to tomorrow evening but I plan to do much better.  


 


Here’s Tracker:




STATS  
Journey Day: 133
Today's Calories:  2600
Daily Calorie Goal:  1700
Next Weigh In:   6/4/14
Days till Weigh-In: 10
Starting Weight: 351
Current Weight: 327
Lost So Far: 24


DAILY CALORIE TRACKER
SATURDAY  5/24/14   
   Calories
Breakfast  
Eng Muffin w/PB2 & J 250
Organic Mixed Greens 0
Hard Boiled Egg 60
                                                  Total: 310
Snacks  
Banana 100
                                                  Total: 100
Lunch  
PB2 & J on MG Bread 350
Dasani 0
                                                  Total: 350
Snacks  
                                                  Total: 0
Dinner    
Crab Cake 230
Steak Tid Bits w/BBQ Sauce & Mozzerella 450
French Fries 500

House Salad (romaine & veggies)
0
Choc/Vanilla ice cream in Choc shell filled with cherries and almonds 400
3 Vodka and diet ginger ales 200
                                                  Total: 1780
Hazelnut Crème Decaf 60
Organic Mixed Greens 0
                                                  Total: 60
                           Daily Calorie Goal: 2600
25 min exercise (minimum) YES