Saturday, May 10, 2014

Oh What A Night!







What a great day (and night!).  Okay, so I don’t mean the weather which was rainy and gloomy for most of it. But it’s spring in NY (thank God) and we need more leaves and flowers and grass so again, thank God!

Work was busy and productive. I left early to meet friends for birthday dinner celebration which was absolutely wonderful. I love getting together with this particular group of friends because of the laughter. We all get along so well and all I can say is enjoyable – very enjoyable.

In case you didn’t notice… I didn’t post a tracker last night. First I came in too late, 2nd I had a wee bit too much to drink so I pretty much went right to bed and 3rd the calorie train went completely off the track! Up until the restaurant my count was fine, under 700. That leaves 1000 for dinner – unfortunately I believe I ate and drank almost twice that. I could be wrong but truthfully I cannot calculate the meal so I’ll just sort of tell you what I had and you can figure it yourself. 2 double absolutes with grapefruit juice with dinner (of course we picked the only restaurant in NY that has absolutely NO diet soda of any kind!) at the bar I started with a single and 2 handfuls of chex mix (salty pretzels, chex, tidbits, puffs etc). That alone was probably 500 calories! Yikes! Then to the table. They served what I will describe as ‘pizza’ bread (and this was a really nice restaurant – the breads are homemade – ugh!!). I think altogether I had 4 small pieces. Then 3 meatballs w/marinara and mozzarella for an appy. Dinner was homemade ravioli stuffed w/ maine lobster, in a pink cream champagne sauce with baby shrimp and diced garden vegetables. The ravioli was heavenly – looked like 6 large (believe it or not I was only able to eat 5, by 6 I was beyond full – I felt digestively overwhelmed – no exaggeration). The dessert menu at Café Baci has some really nice selections including delicious coffees and I was fully prepared to indulge myself (at the onset) but at the end of the meal as I said I was beyond stuffed and so that was that!  It was a wonderful calorie rich meal and therefore I have decided to forgo the Daily Calorie Tracker for today – I am going to assign a count for the day so I don’t screw up my averaging at the month-end – so my count for Friday 5/9/14 is……3000.  I think that is fair.

Well, thankfully we have no more birthdays this month – so no chance this will happen again! The rest of the month will be quite a different story. Wheels back on the track thank you very much.

I will post a tracker for Saturday later today. Ciao!